This post is about social media…
Social media plays a big part of our lives but there are so many risks associated with social media that are not often discussed.
Personal information is available to anyone including hackers; and phishing attacks can be personalised with information sourced through social media so it’s not just about protecting your information, it’s also about protecting or looking out for your friends, family and colleagues.
My tips are for social media are:
- Restrict your privacy settings and only accept connections from people who you know.
- Avoid rants – stay away from anyone having rants
- Avoid discussing grievances because often too much information is disclosed as emotions take over
- Don’t share your workplace information details such as software on social media and also avoid posting pictures showing the inside or back office of your workplace
- Look out for phishing scams against you, your friends and your colleagues and stay away from disclosing personal information like your pet’s name or the place you grew up as these are all things that are used in social engineering making you a future target.
Finally, stay safe on social media and feel free to share my helpful hints video with your friends and colleagues.